By Basia Alicia Powell
Everyone has good days and bad days. We sometimes behave like bad days are the enemy. To the contrary, they can be our friend. The only time we know for sure what we are made of is when we face our adversity head on.
We never know how strong our house is until the hurricane has passed. The same applies to the problems we face. As the saying goes, “Trials come to make you strong.” My personal mantra is, “You did not make me, so you cannot break me.”
Aren’t you curious to know what you are made of? Don’t be afraid of the storm, just make sure you have a strong foundation and a great roof. It’s a new day. Whatever you are facing today, always remember that you are built to last.
The year 2020 has built my resistance. I feel like I have been flying in an aircraft that has been experiencing turbulence for over a year. From where I am sitting, it seems like it is not stopping. I am stronger and better for the experience. I now know I am built to last.
What are my lessons?
- I am stronger than I thought.
- Everyone does not have the right to be in my life. (Guard your energy.)
- Life is too short to bother about what other people think about me.
- They are only bothered by you when you are succeeding.
- Life is also too short not to pursue your dreams.
- Do what sets your soul on fire.
- Forgive, but move on.
- Let the people you love know how much you love them.
Follow Me On Instagram
Check out my Ask Basia Video Podcast